Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A personal conversation (and you’re just a fly on the wall):

Dear Lord,

I was sure that by now I would have known everything about my soul mate. I mean, c’mon now. We did marry each other. It’s been over eight years together and you’re telling me that there’s more? Okay, so I know that he wants his dinner ready every night when he gets home from work. And I know that I need to be on top of the laundry. And yes Lord, I know that it bothers him to all ends of the earth when the kitchen counter is full of clutter. I haven’t forgotten either about the desk, I know, he wants those papers filed still. And don’t worry I would never think of not getting up in the morning with him at 4 am to send him to work with a fresh packed lunch. That just wouldn’t happen. I guess I started a bad habit on my part with the whole lunch thing.

But Lord, what about me? What’s he gonna do for me this week? I’ve spent the last eight years doing, doing, doing for him and it seems like I’m still not doing enough.

And, did you hear him the other day? He said that he would like it if we changed our ways in the morning a little bit. I mean, he did ask nice and all but he wants us to not sit around in our pj’s on a Saturday morning anymore. He would like for the kids and I to start making getting ready for the day, the first thing that we do in the morning. And I don’t think that he’s talking sweatpants either. I think that he means that he wants us to make ourselves presentable first thing in the morning. In fact, I know that’s what he means. But c’mon, Saturday? This IS my day to sit around, drink some coffee and tidy the house. Do I really need to change these things.

Please Lord, help me to understand this. Help me to change my ways with a loving heart.

Amen!


To be continued…..

2 comments:

The Rigelsky Family said...

oh darling. Praying for you. Praying for him. Hold fast. Serve and expect nothing in return. Its hard. Very hard. But right. much love girlie!

Jessica and Daniel said...

I will definitely be praying for you. I to find myself wondering sometimes when it is my turn. God knows your heart, and I would say... pray for your spouse first. Have you ever read "The Power of a Praying Wife"? If not, you should totally check it out. It literally changed my marriage.